Monmouth County man accused of killing wife
FREEHOLD, N.J. - November 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Monmouth County man beat and strangled his wife to death during an argument over money.
Patrick Allen is held on $1.5 million bail, charged with murder.
A judge on Monday refused to lower the amount after Allen's lawyer argued the 44-year-old had returned to the couple's Middletown home soon after the slaying to report his wife's death.
Authorities say Allen killed his 44-year-old wife, Kimberly, while their two sons were not at home on Friday.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
monmouth county, new jersey, homicide, crime
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 9 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool