Pedestrian killed while trying to cross Parkway
MONTVALE, N.J. (AP) - November 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a pedestrian who was fatally struck as she tried to cross the Garden State Parkway in northern New Jersey had survived a severe beating from her former boyfriend several years ago.
State Police Sgt. Brian Polite tells The Record that 26-year-old Cristall Vaccarella of Manchester was struck by several cars late Thursday as she walked across the northbound lanes in Montvale. Most of the cars fled, but the driver of the first car that hit her remained at the scene and likely won't face charges.
It's not known why Vaccarella was crossing the highway.
The newspaper reports Vaccarella was severely beaten in a Wayne hotel room in 2005. She was hospitalized for several weeks, then underwent months of physical therapy to regain the use of her legs.
new jersey, accident, abuse, crime
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book