A grieving mother seeks help finding son's killer
PHILADELPHIA - November 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A grieving mother and daughter are asking for your help to bring their loved one's killer to justice.
"Everybody is just really sad about this," said the victim's mother Naomi Jones.
Naomi Jones' broken heart is painfully obvious.
On Saturday night, April 30th shortly before 11:00pm, her son, 39 year old Maurice Acey was shot multiples times.
He was lying on the sidewalk in the 2000 block of South 22nd Street in South Philadelphia. He later died at the hospital.
Acey leaves behind a son and a daughter, Brianah. One week after her was shot, she went to her prom; an event he missed, and now he will miss another pivotal moment in her life.
"She's getting ready to go off to college," said Naomi. "And he won't be able to share it with her."
"My dad was a good person. If you needed anything, and he had it, he would give it to you," said Brianah.
So far leads are few and no one is coming forward. That's why the family is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest of Maurice's killers.
The number to call is 215-546-TIPS. Calls to the Citizens Crime Commission are anonymous.
Acey's mother believes at least one of his friends has information, and she is begging anyone to tell authorities what they know.
"Y'all remember how many times you were in my house, and you went on trips with us. I hope that you will come and tell us who shot him," Naomi said.
A niece has written a poem paying tribute to her son and embracing the day that they will meet his killer face-to-face with his killer in a court of law.
"When that court date comes, and my family will meet thee, you will see that you took from the world more than Maurice D. Acey," read Naomi.
crimefighters, homicide, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 16 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower