4th graders charged with attempted rape
WEST PHILADELPHIA - November 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- A group of 4th grade students has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a classmate.
The 8-year-old boy was allegedly attacked in the bathroom of Bryant Elementary School in West Philadelphia at the end of October.
Earlier this month, the mother of the victim spoke to Action News.
"I felt helpless, it took him almost 7 hours to try to tell me what happened," the mother told Action News.
The advanced student is in the same grade and class as his alleged 10-year-old attackers.
The three juvenile suspects turned themselves into the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit today, accompanied by their parents.
Each of the youngsters is charged with attempted rape and indecent sexual assault.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia school district, sex assault, bullying, crime
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch 56 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 25 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7