Lawyer says Sandusky not considering seeking plea
HARRISBURG, Pa. - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jerry Sandusky's lawyer says he hasn't discussed pleading guilty with his client and that the former Penn State assistant football coach still maintains he's innocent of the charges against him.
Joe Amendola said Thursday that he'd consider "possible alternatives" with Sandusky if new charges are filed that involve more victims than the eight boys covered by the 40 pending criminal counts.
Amendola says Sandusky has never considered a plea in his case.
The 67-year-old former Penn State assistant coach is awaiting a preliminary hearing on the charges.
Amendola says the topic of a guilty plea came up as a "what-if" question about potential additional charges in a recent interview and that if more charges are filed he would only then discuss the possibility of a plea.
pennsylvania, jerry sandusky, penn state, child sex assault, crime
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 2 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 50 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 9 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos