Police investigate attempted luring in Del.
NEWARK, Del. - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Newark, Delaware Police are investigating an attempted luring of a 14-year-old girl.
It happened just before 5:00 p.m. Wednesday at Dallas Avenue and Apple Road.
The girl told police she was walking along Dallas Avenue when a man in a white van pulled up alongside her and offered her a ride. When she refused, the man told her to get in. The girl ran away.
The driver is described as an African American man, 30-50 years old with little hair on his head, a thin scruffy beard, and multiple tattoos on his neck. He was wearing heavy cologne and smoking a cigar.
The van is described as an older style white work van with no rear or side windows, dirty tires and a rusted dent on the lower rear passenger side. It was last seen proceeding westbound on Dallas Avenue toward Elkton Road.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact Detective Nicholas Sansone at 302-366-7110 ext. 135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send an anonymous text message tip by texting 302NPD and your message to TIP411.
Information can also be provided anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com , where a reward may be available.
delaware, child luring, newark, crime
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 7 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 42 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 7 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
7 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
7 min ago