Pa. lawyer gets 15 years in Russian child-sex case
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia lawyer will serve 15 years behind bars for sexually abusing a Russian ballet dancer he helped support.
Forty-seven-year-old Kenneth Schneider of Berwyn was sentenced Thursday. Prosecutors say he began a long relationship with a 12-year-old Russian boy in 1998.
They say Schneider paid for the boy's ballet school and had him move in to his Moscow apartment. He was also charged with bringing the boy to Philadelphia for a 2001 summer program and continuing the sexual relationship.
Schneider denied the charges, which arose after the victim filed a lawsuit against him in 2008. A jury convicted him last year of traveling for the purpose of engaging in sex with a minor, also called sex tourism.
Schneider founded the Apogee Foundation, a New York-based arts group.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, sex, russia, crime
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 8 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos