One dead, one injured in Tioga shooting
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - December 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight shooting in the Tioga-Nicetown section that has claimed the life of one man and injured a female.
Gunfire erupted early this morning in the 2100 block of Bellevue Street striking a 23 year old man and a 20 year old female several times.
Both victims were rushed by car to Temple Hospital.
The male victim was shot twice in the chest, once in the right leg, and once in the right thigh.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The female was admitted in serious condition.
So far no word yet on what caused the shooting.
Several witnesses have been questioned in regards to the shooting.
tioga, shooting, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 52 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
52 min ago