One dead, one injured in Tioga shooting
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - December 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight shooting in the Tioga-Nicetown section that has claimed the life of one man and injured a female.
Gunfire erupted early this morning in the 2100 block of Bellevue Street striking a 23 year old man and a 20 year old female several times.
Both victims were rushed by car to Temple Hospital.
The male victim was shot twice in the chest, once in the right leg, and once in the right thigh.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The female was admitted in serious condition.
So far no word yet on what caused the shooting.
Several witnesses have been questioned in regards to the shooting.
tioga, shooting, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 24 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane 19 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 14 min ago
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 12 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 11 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
24 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
14 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
19 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
12 min ago