2 injured after fight erupts at NJ birthday party
OCEAN TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - December 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a teenage boy was hospitalized and a woman was injured when a large brawl broke out during a Sweet 16 birthday party held at a hall in central New Jersey.
It's not clear what sparked the brawl, which occurred around 10:25 p.m. Saturday in a second-floor banquet hall at a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Ocean Township.
Police in the Monmouth County community say the injured 17-year-old Asbury Park boy suffered facial injuries and was taken to a hospital. The woman - identified only as a VFW staffer - was assaulted during the brawl, but declined medical treatment.
No charges have been filed in connection with the brawl, but authorities say the investigation is ongoing.
new jersey, monmouth county, fight, crime
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 42 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 15 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 50 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 38 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 44 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
42 min ago