2 injured after fight erupts at NJ birthday party
OCEAN TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - December 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a teenage boy was hospitalized and a woman was injured when a large brawl broke out during a Sweet 16 birthday party held at a hall in central New Jersey.
It's not clear what sparked the brawl, which occurred around 10:25 p.m. Saturday in a second-floor banquet hall at a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Ocean Township.
Police in the Monmouth County community say the injured 17-year-old Asbury Park boy suffered facial injuries and was taken to a hospital. The woman - identified only as a VFW staffer - was assaulted during the brawl, but declined medical treatment.
No charges have been filed in connection with the brawl, but authorities say the investigation is ongoing.
new jersey, monmouth county, fight, crime
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 24 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 15 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 26 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 45 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
19 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
26 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
45 min ago