2 injured after fight erupts at NJ birthday party
OCEAN TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - December 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a teenage boy was hospitalized and a woman was injured when a large brawl broke out during a Sweet 16 birthday party held at a hall in central New Jersey.
It's not clear what sparked the brawl, which occurred around 10:25 p.m. Saturday in a second-floor banquet hall at a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Ocean Township.
Police in the Monmouth County community say the injured 17-year-old Asbury Park boy suffered facial injuries and was taken to a hospital. The woman - identified only as a VFW staffer - was assaulted during the brawl, but declined medical treatment.
No charges have been filed in connection with the brawl, but authorities say the investigation is ongoing.
new jersey, monmouth county, fight, crime
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 35 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 8 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 21 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 19 min ago
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 16 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
35 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
8 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly...
21 min ago