2 injured after fight erupts at NJ birthday party
OCEAN TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - December 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a teenage boy was hospitalized and a woman was injured when a large brawl broke out during a Sweet 16 birthday party held at a hall in central New Jersey.
It's not clear what sparked the brawl, which occurred around 10:25 p.m. Saturday in a second-floor banquet hall at a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Ocean Township.
Police in the Monmouth County community say the injured 17-year-old Asbury Park boy suffered facial injuries and was taken to a hospital. The woman - identified only as a VFW staffer - was assaulted during the brawl, but declined medical treatment.
No charges have been filed in connection with the brawl, but authorities say the investigation is ongoing.
new jersey, monmouth county, fight, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia