Police ID rapper Tommy Hill as fatal shooting victim
EAST MT. AIRY - December 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police have confirmed the identity of the victim in a fatal East Mt. Airy shooting.
The victim is identified as John Wilson of the 5800 block of Rodman Street in West Philadelphia.
Wilson was a member of the hip hop group R.A.M. Squad and went by the alias Tommy Hill.
The shooting occurred on Friday morning outside Reuben's Marc bar at 8131 Stenton Avenue.
Police say Wilson was walking to his car in the parking lot with the manager to get money to pay a tab when they were approached by three masked men.
He was forced to the ground while the suspects attempted to rob him.
The suspects opened fire striking the Wilson several times while he was on the ground.
The manager and a security guard fired back at the men who fled the scene.
Wilson later died at Albert Einstein Medical Center Sunday morning.
Police continue to search for the three suspects wanted in the shooting.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man