Police ID rapper Tommy Hill as fatal shooting victim
EAST MT. AIRY - December 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police have confirmed the identity of the victim in a fatal East Mt. Airy shooting.
The victim is identified as John Wilson of the 5800 block of Rodman Street in West Philadelphia.
Wilson was a member of the hip hop group R.A.M. Squad and went by the alias Tommy Hill.
The shooting occurred on Friday morning outside Reuben's Marc bar at 8131 Stenton Avenue.
Police say Wilson was walking to his car in the parking lot with the manager to get money to pay a tab when they were approached by three masked men.
He was forced to the ground while the suspects attempted to rob him.
The suspects opened fire striking the Wilson several times while he was on the ground.
The manager and a security guard fired back at the men who fled the scene.
Wilson later died at Albert Einstein Medical Center Sunday morning.
Police continue to search for the three suspects wanted in the shooting.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, crime
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 19 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 11 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 28 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 31 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
31 min ago