Suspect surrenders in holdups near Temple U.
PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- One of the suspects wanted in connection with a series of holdups in the area of Temple University has surrendered to police.
27-year-old Kevin Wilson, of the 3800 block of North Franklin Street, now faces robbery and gun charges.
The other suspect, Timothy Ballard, is still being sought by police.
The armed holdups happened between 7:45 p.m. and 8:55 p.m. on Wednesday, November 30th.
The first robbery, at 7:45 p.m., happened in the 2000 block of North 15th Street. Police say the victim was walking when the two men approached him. One displayed a silver handgun, demanded money, and went through the victim's bag. The suspects fled South on North 15th Street without taking any money.
The second robbery happened at 8:00 p.m. in the 1900 block of Fontain Street. Police say two people were approached by the suspects and one pointed a black handgun at a female victim and took her debit card. The suspects then fled south on 18th Street.
The third robbery happened at 8:15 p.m. in the 1300 block of North Carlisle Street. Police say the suspects grabbed a woman, and one of the men pulled a handgun from his waistband. Police say he pointed it at the victim, and demanded money. Police say the suspects took the victim's cell phone, debit card, and money then fled North on Carlisle Street.
The fourth robbery happened at 8:32 p.m. in the 1300 block of North Franklin Street. Police say the suspects approached a man, grabbed him by the neck and pointed a gun at him demanding money. The suspects took $10 and fled South on Franklin Street toward Girard Avenue.
The fifth and final robbery happened at 8:55 p.m. in the 900 block of West Montgomery Street. Police say the suspects approached a woman and pointed a black handgun at her, demanding money. The woman said she did not have anything and the suspects fled north on 10th Street from Montgomery.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Central Detective Division at 215-686-3093 / 3094 or call 911.
temple university, robbery, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 27 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 39 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 36 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 6 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 19 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
39 min ago