Suspect surrenders in holdups near Temple U.
PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- One of the suspects wanted in connection with a series of holdups in the area of Temple University has surrendered to police.
27-year-old Kevin Wilson, of the 3800 block of North Franklin Street, now faces robbery and gun charges.
The other suspect, Timothy Ballard, is still being sought by police.
The armed holdups happened between 7:45 p.m. and 8:55 p.m. on Wednesday, November 30th.
The first robbery, at 7:45 p.m., happened in the 2000 block of North 15th Street. Police say the victim was walking when the two men approached him. One displayed a silver handgun, demanded money, and went through the victim's bag. The suspects fled South on North 15th Street without taking any money.
The second robbery happened at 8:00 p.m. in the 1900 block of Fontain Street. Police say two people were approached by the suspects and one pointed a black handgun at a female victim and took her debit card. The suspects then fled south on 18th Street.
The third robbery happened at 8:15 p.m. in the 1300 block of North Carlisle Street. Police say the suspects grabbed a woman, and one of the men pulled a handgun from his waistband. Police say he pointed it at the victim, and demanded money. Police say the suspects took the victim's cell phone, debit card, and money then fled North on Carlisle Street.
The fourth robbery happened at 8:32 p.m. in the 1300 block of North Franklin Street. Police say the suspects approached a man, grabbed him by the neck and pointed a gun at him demanding money. The suspects took $10 and fled South on Franklin Street toward Girard Avenue.
The fifth and final robbery happened at 8:55 p.m. in the 900 block of West Montgomery Street. Police say the suspects approached a woman and pointed a black handgun at her, demanding money. The woman said she did not have anything and the suspects fled north on 10th Street from Montgomery.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Central Detective Division at 215-686-3093 / 3094 or call 911.
temple university, robbery, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 6 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 55 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 54 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 50 min ago
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno 40 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 42 min ago
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
6 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
55 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos