2 men wanted for impersonating Del. State Troopers
NEWARK, Del. - December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware are investigating an incident in which two men impersonated State Troopers.
It happened Monday around 12 noon along Ogletown Stanton Road at Rolling Drive in Newark.
The first male suspect was behind the wheel of his black Dodge Charger when his vehicle struck another car nearby.
After the collision the suspect activated red and blue emergency lights.
Wearing a police uniform, the man exited the vehicle and approached the driver of the other car.
The man identified himself as a State Trooper from Troop 6, provided a fake badge number and a false phone number.
He advised the female driver that a report would be filed regarding the accident.
A short time later, a second Dodge Charger approached the scene with a man wearing the same uniform as the first suspect.
Both men later fled in their vehicles.
One suspect was described as a Hispanic male, the other described as a White male.
Both are 25-30 years of age and were last seen wearing a blue short sleeved uniform shirt with a badge, blue pants, and a small square style hat with a brim.
The Delaware State Troopers have offer several precautions for those who think they may have been pulled over by someone impersonating a police officer:
Troopers are also asking anyone who has information regarding this incident to contact them at 302-633-5000 Ext #667.
delaware, new castle county, newark, accident, police, police impersonator, crime
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash