FBI searches for 2 armored car robbery suspects
PHILADELPHIA - December 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- The FBI and the Philadelphia Police Department are searching for two armored car robbery suspects.
The incident occurred on Thursday at noon.
Police say Garda armored car employees were making a delivery of cash to the PNC Bank on 401 Tabor Road when they were approached by two unknown robbers.
One was armed with a shotgun and the other brandished a semi-automatic pistol. They demanded cash.
After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspects fled in an early to mid 2000 model year maroon four-door sedan, possibly a Chevrolet Impala with tinted windows, driven by a third person.
They were last seen headed east on Tabor Road.
Suspect number one is described as a black male, early to mid 20's, 6' or taller, thin build, wearing dark clothing with a mask, and armed with a shotgun.
Suspect number two is described as black individual, early to mid 20's, 5'8" to 5'10", thin build, wearing jeans with a white belt, "PUMA" hooded sweatshirt and armed with a semi-automatic handgun.
There is no description of the third suspect, the driver.
Police say if you see these suspects do not approach them, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477).
Garda is offering a reward of "up to $50,000 for information leading to the recovery of the stolen funds and the arrest and conviction of those responsible. The company reserves the right to allocate the reward among multiple sources of information."
philadelphia, pennsylvania, fbi, robbery, crime
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ