Suspect sought in Olney bank robbery
OLNEY - December 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- The FBI is asking for help catching a bank robber who struck in Philadelphia's Olney section.
Police say the suspect entered the Sovereign Bank at 101 East Olney Avenue on at 5:18 p.m. Friday.
He presented the teller with a threatening demand note and fled the bank with an undisclosed amount of cash in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a black male, mid 20's, approximately 5'9, thin build, goatee, tattoo under right eye. He was wearing a black hat with fur lining, black wig, silver aviator glasses, multi-colored flannel jacket and blue jeans.
Police consider him armed and dangerous.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477).
philadelphia, pennsylvania, olney, bank robbery, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 53 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 18 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 10 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
10 min ago