Mom indicted on charge of giving teen drugs
GEORGETOWN, Del. - December 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Attorney General's office says a Milton woman has been indicted on charges for allegedly giving drugs to her 17-year-old daughter, who died of an overdose.
Forty-six-year-old Leslie Laughlin is charged with endangering the welfare of a child and other offenses in the Dec. 5 indictment. She was released on $5,000 unsecured bail.
Authorities say on July 15, Laughlin's daughter died from a drug overdose. Officials say an investigation showed Laughlin had given the teenager drugs that had been prescribed to Laughlin.
delaware, sussex county, drugs, crime
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 12 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 59 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 7 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
7 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos