RI man charged in Reading, Pa. triple shooting
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- U.S. marshals and Rhode Island authorities have arrested a Providence man in connection with a triple shooting outside a bar in Reading, Pa., that killed a 21-year-old man last month.
Officials say 24-year-old Jose Reyes-Diaz was captured at a Messer Street apartment in Providence on Tuesday and charged with being a fugitive from justice from Pennsylvania, where he faces murder, attempted murder, assault and firearm charges. He's being held without bail in Rhode Island and awaits extradition to Pennsylvania.
Authorities allege Reyes-Diaz shot three people outside the A-Town CafDe in the early morning hours of Nov. 13. Ramon Rosario-Evangelista was killed, and 21-year-old Katherine Espada and 31-year-old Francisco Gonzalez were injured. All three victims lived in Reading.
It's not clear if Reyes-Diaz has a lawyer.
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, rhode island, shooting, homicide, crime
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 4 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos