RI man charged in Reading, Pa. triple shooting
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- U.S. marshals and Rhode Island authorities have arrested a Providence man in connection with a triple shooting outside a bar in Reading, Pa., that killed a 21-year-old man last month.
Officials say 24-year-old Jose Reyes-Diaz was captured at a Messer Street apartment in Providence on Tuesday and charged with being a fugitive from justice from Pennsylvania, where he faces murder, attempted murder, assault and firearm charges. He's being held without bail in Rhode Island and awaits extradition to Pennsylvania.
Authorities allege Reyes-Diaz shot three people outside the A-Town CafDe in the early morning hours of Nov. 13. Ramon Rosario-Evangelista was killed, and 21-year-old Katherine Espada and 31-year-old Francisco Gonzalez were injured. All three victims lived in Reading.
It's not clear if Reyes-Diaz has a lawyer.
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, rhode island, shooting, homicide, crime
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 21 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures