RI man charged in Reading, Pa. triple shooting
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- U.S. marshals and Rhode Island authorities have arrested a Providence man in connection with a triple shooting outside a bar in Reading, Pa., that killed a 21-year-old man last month.
Officials say 24-year-old Jose Reyes-Diaz was captured at a Messer Street apartment in Providence on Tuesday and charged with being a fugitive from justice from Pennsylvania, where he faces murder, attempted murder, assault and firearm charges. He's being held without bail in Rhode Island and awaits extradition to Pennsylvania.
Authorities allege Reyes-Diaz shot three people outside the A-Town CafDe in the early morning hours of Nov. 13. Ramon Rosario-Evangelista was killed, and 21-year-old Katherine Espada and 31-year-old Francisco Gonzalez were injured. All three victims lived in Reading.
It's not clear if Reyes-Diaz has a lawyer.
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, rhode island, shooting, homicide, crime
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 2 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 8 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 7 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 55 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 14 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos