RI man charged in Reading, Pa. triple shooting
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- U.S. marshals and Rhode Island authorities have arrested a Providence man in connection with a triple shooting outside a bar in Reading, Pa., that killed a 21-year-old man last month.
Officials say 24-year-old Jose Reyes-Diaz was captured at a Messer Street apartment in Providence on Tuesday and charged with being a fugitive from justice from Pennsylvania, where he faces murder, attempted murder, assault and firearm charges. He's being held without bail in Rhode Island and awaits extradition to Pennsylvania.
Authorities allege Reyes-Diaz shot three people outside the A-Town CafDe in the early morning hours of Nov. 13. Ramon Rosario-Evangelista was killed, and 21-year-old Katherine Espada and 31-year-old Francisco Gonzalez were injured. All three victims lived in Reading.
It's not clear if Reyes-Diaz has a lawyer.
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, rhode island, shooting, homicide, crime
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos