Del. police arrest man in Walgreens robberies case
NEWARK, Del. - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 60-year-old Newark man has been arrested in connection with the robberies of two Walgreens Pharmacy locations in Delaware and Pennsylvania.
Delaware State Police said in a news release that Joseph Walling has been arrested for first-degree robbery and wearing a disguise during the commission of a felony.
Authorities say the first robbery happened on Nov. 27 in Wilmington, where a suspect presented a note demanding prescription narcotics and implying he had a gun.
Police say the second robbery happened on Tuesday in Upper Chichester Township, Pa., where a suspect fled in a white pickup truck with an undisclosed amount of narcotic medication.
On Tuesday evening, Walling was arrested after the truck was seen in the parking lot of a McDonald's in Claymont.
delaware, robbery, walgreens, crime
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands