Pa. man admits beating girl he thought was spoiled
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man admitted repeatedly punching and kicking his wife's 2-year-old daughter because he believed the girl was a spoiled princess who needed to be toughened up.
Twenty-five-year-old Brandon Bishop pleaded guilty Wednesday to aggravated assault for a series of assaults between March and May.
Police say the abuse was reported by a relative who noticed the girl was limping and missing clumps of hair. Officers who interviewed Bishop say he told them he beat the girl to make her tougher.
Matthew Falk, a Lehigh County prosecutor, says Bishop made no effort to hide the abuse from his wife.
The girl's mother, Candace Watts, pleaded guilty Wednesday to child endangerment and agreed to testify at Bishop's Jan. 25 sentencing.
The couple got married a few days before their arrests in June.
child abuse, beating, allentown, pennsylvania, crime
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 50 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 9 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 24 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
50 min ago