Ex-Bloomsburg prof held on child porn warrant
BLOOMSBURG, Pa. - December 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A retired Pennsylvania professor of early child development is jailed on charges he conspired with a former Oklahoma school teacher to make child pornography involving her students.
State police arrested 65-year-old Gary Doby outside his Bloomsburg home on a fugitive from justice warrant Thursday, stemming from eight counts of manufacturing juvenile pornography and one count of conspiracy filed by prosecutors in Pottawatomie County, Okla.
Oklahoma authorities say Doby and 48-year-old Kimberly Ann Crain who resigned in November as an elementary school teacher in that state conspired to make and share images of her students. They were allegedly photographed at Crain's home and the school.
Doby was awaiting extradition Friday in the Columbia County Prison near Bloomsburg University, the state-owned school from which he retired in 2008. That's about 90 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
pennsylvania, oklahoma, child porn, crime
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ