Ex-Bloomsburg prof held on child porn warrant
BLOOMSBURG, Pa. - December 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A retired Pennsylvania professor of early child development is jailed on charges he conspired with a former Oklahoma school teacher to make child pornography involving her students.
State police arrested 65-year-old Gary Doby outside his Bloomsburg home on a fugitive from justice warrant Thursday, stemming from eight counts of manufacturing juvenile pornography and one count of conspiracy filed by prosecutors in Pottawatomie County, Okla.
Oklahoma authorities say Doby and 48-year-old Kimberly Ann Crain who resigned in November as an elementary school teacher in that state conspired to make and share images of her students. They were allegedly photographed at Crain's home and the school.
Doby was awaiting extradition Friday in the Columbia County Prison near Bloomsburg University, the state-owned school from which he retired in 2008. That's about 90 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
pennsylvania, oklahoma, child porn, crime
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 1 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 27 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom