Ex-Bloomsburg prof held on child porn warrant
BLOOMSBURG, Pa. - December 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A retired Pennsylvania professor of early child development is jailed on charges he conspired with a former Oklahoma school teacher to make child pornography involving her students.
State police arrested 65-year-old Gary Doby outside his Bloomsburg home on a fugitive from justice warrant Thursday, stemming from eight counts of manufacturing juvenile pornography and one count of conspiracy filed by prosecutors in Pottawatomie County, Okla.
Oklahoma authorities say Doby and 48-year-old Kimberly Ann Crain who resigned in November as an elementary school teacher in that state conspired to make and share images of her students. They were allegedly photographed at Crain's home and the school.
Doby was awaiting extradition Friday in the Columbia County Prison near Bloomsburg University, the state-owned school from which he retired in 2008. That's about 90 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
pennsylvania, oklahoma, child porn, crime
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop 22 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos