Police investigating Hatfield home invasion
HATFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - December 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion at a residence in Hatfield Township, Montgomery County.
The invasion happened around 5:00 a.m. Monday on the unit block of Meadow Lane.
Police say the resident of the home was awakened by the family dog barking. Upon checking the home the resident confronted an intruder who was inside and armed with a knife.
The resident was able to retreat to his bedroom and dialed 9-1-1 for help. The knife-wielding man left the home before police arrived.
No one was injured in the home and nothing was taken.
The intruder is described as an Asian Male in his early to mid 20s, standing 5'5" to 5'6" wearing a faded black hooded sweatshirt with a faded design on the front. His face was covered by a grey scarf and he was wearing light brown sweat pants, and armed with a dull colored 6" knife.
hatfield, montgomery county, home invasion, crime
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 56 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 15 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
56 min ago