Police investigating Hatfield home invasion
HATFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - December 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion at a residence in Hatfield Township, Montgomery County.
The invasion happened around 5:00 a.m. Monday on the unit block of Meadow Lane.
Police say the resident of the home was awakened by the family dog barking. Upon checking the home the resident confronted an intruder who was inside and armed with a knife.
The resident was able to retreat to his bedroom and dialed 9-1-1 for help. The knife-wielding man left the home before police arrived.
No one was injured in the home and nothing was taken.
The intruder is described as an Asian Male in his early to mid 20s, standing 5'5" to 5'6" wearing a faded black hooded sweatshirt with a faded design on the front. His face was covered by a grey scarf and he was wearing light brown sweat pants, and armed with a dull colored 6" knife.
hatfield, montgomery county, home invasion, crime
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 58 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
31 min ago