Charges re-filed against Tacony dungeon suspect
PHILADELPHIA - December 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia District Attorney has re-filed charges against suspect Eddie Wright in the Tacony basement kidnapping case.
Wright is being charged with aggravated assault, kidnapping, unlawful restraint, simple assault, false imprisonment and related offenses.
The D.A.'s office says Wright is currently in custody and is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on these charges on January 20, 2012.
On Tuesday Judge Patrick Dugan dismissed charges against Wright, citing testimony that Wright was sometimes held captive.
Dugan ordered three other suspects to stand trial in the case involving four mentally disabled adults who were found locked in a filthy basement.
Charged are 51-year-old Linda Weston, her daughter Jean McIntosh and boyfriend Gregory Thomas.
All four suspects were arrested Oct. 15, the day a landlord said he stumbled upon four adults living in a squalid basement room. Police say one was chained to the boiler.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, tacony, crime
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 10 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 49 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 55 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 46 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
55 min ago