Amber Alert canceled for 2-year-old NJ boy, mom
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 2-year-old boy has been found unharmed after he allegedly was abducted by his mother from a southern New Jersey mall.
Mason Ross and his 24-year-old mother, Cassidy Michaela Purdy, had been the focus of an Amber Alert that was issued by state police after authorities said she fled with the boy early Thursday afternoon.
But that was canceled after the pair were found several hours later.
Authorities said the boy's father had brought him to a restaurant in the Hamilton Mall on Thursday for a visitation with Purdy, who does not have custody of the child. She then fled with the boy around 1:10 p.m., after the father briefly left to smoke a cigarette.
Details on how and where the child was found were not immediately disclosed.
new jersey, atlantic county, amber alert, crime
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 11 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 47 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
47 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
11 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos