7th person alleges abuse by Philly columnist
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- A seventh person has come forward with allegations she was sexually abused by former Philadelphia Daily News sports columnist Bill Conlin.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the woman says Conlin assaulted her at the beach in Margate, N.J., when she was 11 years old in the 1960s.
Conlin retired from the Daily News on Tuesday, hours before The Inquirer posted a story about allegations that he had abused four people decades ago when they were children. Two other accusers have since come forward.
The Inquirer reports the unidentified woman who spoke out Friday says Conlin, a family friend, assaulted her twice while he was visiting the Jersey Shore.
The 77-year-old Conlin has vowed through his lawyer, George Bochetto, to clear his name. Messages left for Bochetto were not immediately returned.
abuse, sex assault, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 20 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 19 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 43 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 21 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
17 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
19 min ago