Man arrested for Center City subway attack
PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested an 18-year-old Philadelphia man in connection with the assault and robbery of a passenger at a SEPTA/PATCO station in Center City.
Timothy Williams, of the 5200 block of Lebanon Road, is charged with aggravated assault, robbery, simple assault, and recklessly endangering another person.
The attack happened on January 2nd at the SEPTA/PATCO station at 8th and Market streets. According to investigators, Williams and another man attacked a passenger, assaulting and robbing the victim before fleeing.
The 22-year-old was transported to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where he was treated for multiple lacerations and abrasions.
Video of the attack was posted online on Tuesday of this week. That video was then distributed to the media in hopes of finding the suspects.
The second suspect remains at large.
patco, SEPTA, assault, robbery, center city, philadelphia, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 41 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 28 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 28 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 1 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 33 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 1 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 37 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos