Man arrested for Center City subway attack
PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested an 18-year-old Philadelphia man in connection with the assault and robbery of a passenger at a SEPTA/PATCO station in Center City.
Timothy Williams, of the 5200 block of Lebanon Road, is charged with aggravated assault, robbery, simple assault, and recklessly endangering another person.
The attack happened on January 2nd at the SEPTA/PATCO station at 8th and Market streets. According to investigators, Williams and another man attacked a passenger, assaulting and robbing the victim before fleeing.
The 22-year-old was transported to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where he was treated for multiple lacerations and abrasions.
Video of the attack was posted online on Tuesday of this week. That video was then distributed to the media in hopes of finding the suspects.
The second suspect remains at large.
patco, SEPTA, assault, robbery, center city, philadelphia, crime
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 49 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos