Teen shot in the head in critical condition
NICETOWN-TIOGA - January 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teenager is extremely critical after being shot in the head in Philadelphia's Nicetown-Tioga section.
The shooting happened shortly after 9:30 p.m. along the 3900 block of Elser Street shortly after 9:30pm.
Police found a 16-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound to the head inside a home.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital in very critical condition.
The search for a shooter continues.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, nicetown, tioga, crime
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 22 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 41 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 24 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 4 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
4 min ago