Arrest made in two West Philadelphia rapes
PHILADELPHIA - January 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested a man who raped two women in West Philadelphia and threatened another woman with a gun.
Dominick Johnson, 18, of the 6000 block of Irving Street, was arrested late Wednesday night.
Police say the first incident occurred on Tuesday, January 3rd at approximately 12:07 a.m. in the 100 block of South 61st Street. A 19-year-old female victim said she was walking home on Sansom Street when she was approached by a man armed with a gun who forced her into an alleyway and raped her.
The next incident happened on Wednesday, January 11th at about 12:00 a.m. in the 600 block of Delancey Street. An 18-year-old victim said she was struck in the face with a hand gun and forced into an alley where she was robbed and raped.
Another incident happened around 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday. A 35-year-old woman told police she was approached by a man with a handgun in the area of 60th and Sansom streets. She was able to flee and call 911. Officers arrived within one minute and, after a brief foot chase, took Johnson into custody.
Police say all three women identified Johnson as the suspect.
Johnson is charged with two counts of rape, two counts of robbery and one count of aggravated assault with a handgun.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west philadelphia, rape, robbery, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 7 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 40 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 7 min ago
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport