AAA posts $2,500 reward for fatal hit and run
PHILADELPHIA - January 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- The hunt is on for a hit and run driver who left a man to die on a Philadelphia street.
It happened on September 23rd on a rainy Friday night around 7:30pm. Juan Velez, an immigrant from Puerto Rico was struck down while crossing the 3400 block of B Street near Ontario in the Kensington section of Philadelphia.
The victim died. The motorist kept going.
Very little is known about Juan Velez except that his entire family lives in Puerto Rico and is desperately asking for help.
Witnesses describe the striking vehicle as a midsized, light colored car, but that is all police have to go on. That is why AAA is stepping in.
"AAA has posted a $2,500 reward to help police solve this case," said John Apeldorn. "If anybody has the information, give us a call. We'll keep your name confidential, and if it leads to an arrest, you will get $2,500."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 216-546-TIPS.
crimefighters, hit and run, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime, rick williams
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book