Suspect in Society Hill attacks pleads guilty
SOCIETY HILL - January 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man arrested for attacks on women in Society Hill has pleaded guilty.
Willie Wyche, 40, is charged with Aggravated Assault, Robbery, Theft, Simple Assault and Reckless Endangerment of Another Person.
Wyche is charged with several robberies including incidents on July 10th and July 16th.
Investigators say these robberies have mostly taken place on smaller side streets in the area at all different times of day and night.
The victims range in age from 25 to 73 years old
Action News talked to the victim of the July 10th attack, Crystal, a few days after the incident.
"Next thing I knew I had two big huge, burly arms wrapped around my neck," Crystal said. "I was completely blacked out, I was drug on the ground, I guess, when he was trying to get my purse out. My teeth went through the back of my lip, the front of my lip. My knees were all skinned up and I had bruises all over my arms."
Police say Wyche was released from prison in May after serving 20 years.
Wyche was a teenager when he went to prison last time and served every single day of this sentence, indicating he was a problem prisoner.
Sources say, at one point, Wyche did 400 days in solitary confinement.
Sentencing has been deferred to a later date.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, society hill, assault, robbery, crime
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 27 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 45 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!