Suspect in Society Hill attacks pleads guilty
SOCIETY HILL - January 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man arrested for attacks on women in Society Hill has pleaded guilty.
Willie Wyche, 40, is charged with Aggravated Assault, Robbery, Theft, Simple Assault and Reckless Endangerment of Another Person.
Wyche is charged with several robberies including incidents on July 10th and July 16th.
Investigators say these robberies have mostly taken place on smaller side streets in the area at all different times of day and night.
The victims range in age from 25 to 73 years old
Action News talked to the victim of the July 10th attack, Crystal, a few days after the incident.
"Next thing I knew I had two big huge, burly arms wrapped around my neck," Crystal said. "I was completely blacked out, I was drug on the ground, I guess, when he was trying to get my purse out. My teeth went through the back of my lip, the front of my lip. My knees were all skinned up and I had bruises all over my arms."
Police say Wyche was released from prison in May after serving 20 years.
Wyche was a teenager when he went to prison last time and served every single day of this sentence, indicating he was a problem prisoner.
Sources say, at one point, Wyche did 400 days in solitary confinement.
Sentencing has been deferred to a later date.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, society hill, assault, robbery, crime
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 45 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad