2 dead in overnight shooting in Reading
READING, Pa. (AP) - January 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say gunfire claimed the lives of two men and injured another in the city of Reading.
Police responded to a report of a street fight and gunfire shortly before midnight Friday.
Reading detectives said 23-year-old Geovanie Collazo-Rosa died at the scene and 51-year-old Efrain Lopez-Collazo was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
A 20-year-old man was taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds. His name has not been released.
Witnesses told the Reading Eagle that they heard more than 10 shots. Police reported a large and unruly crowd as officers arrived at the scene.
Investigators declined comment Saturday on whether any suspects had been arrested.
shooting, reading, pennsylvania, crime
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Cloudy And Cooler
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos