1 teen dead, other injured in West Oak Lane shooting
WEST OAK LANE - Janaury 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A double shooting in West Oak Lane has left one teen dead and another hospitalized.
Police say 17-year-old Rashi Anderson died from injuries after being shot in the stomach and chest last night in West Oak Lane.
Another 17-year-old male was shot in the thigh.
At 8:23 p.m. Monday police responded to the 6300 block of North 21st Street and found the two victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
Rashi Anderson was pronounced dead shortly after being transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
The name 'Rashi' has been trending on Twitter since Monday night as friends tweet their memories and goodbye mesages.
The other victim remains hospitalized.
Police have not made any arrest at this time.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west oak lane, shooting, crime
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 25 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 25 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps 12 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush 36 min ago
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers 40 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
25 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa....
25 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
14 min ago
- Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
36 min ago