1 teen dead, other injured in West Oak Lane shooting
WEST OAK LANE - Janaury 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A double shooting in West Oak Lane has left one teen dead and another hospitalized.
Police say 17-year-old Rashi Anderson died from injuries after being shot in the stomach and chest last night in West Oak Lane.
Another 17-year-old male was shot in the thigh.
At 8:23 p.m. Monday police responded to the 6300 block of North 21st Street and found the two victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
Rashi Anderson was pronounced dead shortly after being transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
The name 'Rashi' has been trending on Twitter since Monday night as friends tweet their memories and goodbye mesages.
The other victim remains hospitalized.
Police have not made any arrest at this time.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west oak lane, shooting, crime
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in New Jersey Turnpike chase
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 17 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 59 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list