1 teen dead, other injured in West Oak Lane shooting
WEST OAK LANE - Janaury 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A double shooting in West Oak Lane has left one teen dead and another hospitalized.
Police say 17-year-old Rashi Anderson died from injuries after being shot in the stomach and chest last night in West Oak Lane.
Another 17-year-old male was shot in the thigh.
At 8:23 p.m. Monday police responded to the 6300 block of North 21st Street and found the two victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
Rashi Anderson was pronounced dead shortly after being transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
The name 'Rashi' has been trending on Twitter since Monday night as friends tweet their memories and goodbye mesages.
The other victim remains hospitalized.
Police have not made any arrest at this time.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west oak lane, shooting, crime
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 15 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 21 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
21 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
40 min ago