Pa. child psychiatrist pleads in child porn case
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - January 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A psychiatrist who worked with children at a northeastern Pennsylvania family therapy center has pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography.
John Francis Theroux pleaded guilty to 66 counts Wednesday before a Luzerne County judge.
Authorities say they recovered images of naked children from Theroux's home computer after his estranged wife turned some images over to a therapist at a marriage counseling session.
The Wilkes-Barre Times Leader reports Theroux told investigators he didn't believe his actions were illegal because the pictures did not depict children involved in sex acts.
Theroux's attorney previously said his client retired from the U.S. Army as a colonel in 2006. He was working at a Wilkes-Barre family services center at the time of his arrest.
The Kingston man will be sentenced on May 1.
Information from: Times Leader, http://www.timesleader.com
pennsylvania, child porn, crime
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 8 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 9 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 10 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 16 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
10 min ago