Pa. child psychiatrist pleads in child porn case
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - January 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A psychiatrist who worked with children at a northeastern Pennsylvania family therapy center has pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography.
John Francis Theroux pleaded guilty to 66 counts Wednesday before a Luzerne County judge.
Authorities say they recovered images of naked children from Theroux's home computer after his estranged wife turned some images over to a therapist at a marriage counseling session.
The Wilkes-Barre Times Leader reports Theroux told investigators he didn't believe his actions were illegal because the pictures did not depict children involved in sex acts.
Theroux's attorney previously said his client retired from the U.S. Army as a colonel in 2006. He was working at a Wilkes-Barre family services center at the time of his arrest.
The Kingston man will be sentenced on May 1.
Information from: Times Leader, http://www.timesleader.com
pennsylvania, child porn, crime
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half