Pa. child psychiatrist pleads in child porn case
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - January 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A psychiatrist who worked with children at a northeastern Pennsylvania family therapy center has pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography.
John Francis Theroux pleaded guilty to 66 counts Wednesday before a Luzerne County judge.
Authorities say they recovered images of naked children from Theroux's home computer after his estranged wife turned some images over to a therapist at a marriage counseling session.
The Wilkes-Barre Times Leader reports Theroux told investigators he didn't believe his actions were illegal because the pictures did not depict children involved in sex acts.
Theroux's attorney previously said his client retired from the U.S. Army as a colonel in 2006. He was working at a Wilkes-Barre family services center at the time of his arrest.
The Kingston man will be sentenced on May 1.
Information from: Times Leader, http://www.timesleader.com
pennsylvania, child porn, crime
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 34 min ago