Pa. child psychiatrist pleads in child porn case
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - January 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A psychiatrist who worked with children at a northeastern Pennsylvania family therapy center has pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography.
John Francis Theroux pleaded guilty to 66 counts Wednesday before a Luzerne County judge.
Authorities say they recovered images of naked children from Theroux's home computer after his estranged wife turned some images over to a therapist at a marriage counseling session.
The Wilkes-Barre Times Leader reports Theroux told investigators he didn't believe his actions were illegal because the pictures did not depict children involved in sex acts.
Theroux's attorney previously said his client retired from the U.S. Army as a colonel in 2006. He was working at a Wilkes-Barre family services center at the time of his arrest.
The Kingston man will be sentenced on May 1.
Information from: Times Leader, http://www.timesleader.com
pennsylvania, child porn, crime
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 26 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 13 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 19 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor