More charges for Del. teacher accused of sex abuse
DOVER, Del. - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say additional charges have been filed against a Sussex County teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student.
Authorities say 38-year-old Charles Coursey, of Milton, Del., and the student also sent text messages while at school.
Police say the text messages led to them meeting outside of school and engaging in a sexual relationship. Authorities say Coursey also sent obscene photos of himself to the student.
Coursey, who teaches at Sussex Tech High School, was charged Thursday with two counts of dealing in child pornography and two counts of obscenity.
He had already been charged with three counts of sexual abuse of child by a person of trust and four counts of unlawful sexual contact.
He is being held on $80,000 cash bail.
delaware, sex, sussex county, children, school, child sex assault, crime
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 52 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape