More charges for Del. teacher accused of sex abuse
DOVER, Del. - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say additional charges have been filed against a Sussex County teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student.
Authorities say 38-year-old Charles Coursey, of Milton, Del., and the student also sent text messages while at school.
Police say the text messages led to them meeting outside of school and engaging in a sexual relationship. Authorities say Coursey also sent obscene photos of himself to the student.
Coursey, who teaches at Sussex Tech High School, was charged Thursday with two counts of dealing in child pornography and two counts of obscenity.
He had already been charged with three counts of sexual abuse of child by a person of trust and four counts of unlawful sexual contact.
He is being held on $80,000 cash bail.
delaware, sex, sussex county, children, school, child sex assault, crime
- Search for missing college student from Skippack
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 34 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township 38 min ago
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing 39 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 13 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos