Police: 3 wounded in Asbury Park shootings
ASBURY PARK, N.J. (AP) - January 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three men have been wounded in a shooting on the Jersey Shore, but their injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Asbury Park police say they haven't determined a motive for the shootings, which occurred just before midnight Friday in a residential area on Bangs Avenue. But Monmouth County prosecutors say it appears that the three men were targeted by an unknown shooter who remained at large Saturday afternoon.
Authorities did not disclose specific details about the injuries suffered by the men. They were identified only as 18-year-old from Neptune; a 19-year-old from Asbury Park and a 21-year-old from Ocean Grove.
Officials say two of the men suffered "serious wounds" and remained hospitalized Saturday afternoon. But the other was treated at the hospital for minor injuries and released.
new jersey, monmouth county, jersey shore, shooting, crime
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)