Police: 3 wounded in Asbury Park shootings
ASBURY PARK, N.J. (AP) - January 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three men have been wounded in a shooting on the Jersey Shore, but their injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Asbury Park police say they haven't determined a motive for the shootings, which occurred just before midnight Friday in a residential area on Bangs Avenue. But Monmouth County prosecutors say it appears that the three men were targeted by an unknown shooter who remained at large Saturday afternoon.
Authorities did not disclose specific details about the injuries suffered by the men. They were identified only as 18-year-old from Neptune; a 19-year-old from Asbury Park and a 21-year-old from Ocean Grove.
Officials say two of the men suffered "serious wounds" and remained hospitalized Saturday afternoon. But the other was treated at the hospital for minor injuries and released.
new jersey, monmouth county, jersey shore, shooting, crime
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more