Beaten cab driver speaks exclusively to Action News
PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia cab driver who was attacked and beaten in Center City Saturday night spoke exclusively with Action News on Sunday.
The driver of the Liberty cab was stopped at a red light at 15th and Chestnut Streets around 8:25pm Saturday night when a group of teens started calling his passenger derogatory names.
They pulled the passenger out of the car and began beating him. When the driver came to his aid, he was assaulted, too.
"They were throwing stuff on us, and the two men, one hit me on my stomach, and the other one hit me here" said the driver, who did not want to be identified.
"They hit him in the mouth, in the head, but I didn't see him after that, because he ran into the people and he disappeared."
The driver finally chased them off with a tire iron.
He flagged down police, who arrested three boys, two 17-year-olds and a 15-year-old. Each of the face a list of charges, including aggravated assault.
beating, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 30 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 29 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain 16 min ago
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie 26 min ago
- Down At The Shore