Beaten cab driver speaks exclusively to Action News
PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia cab driver who was attacked and beaten in Center City Saturday night spoke exclusively with Action News on Sunday.
The driver of the Liberty cab was stopped at a red light at 15th and Chestnut Streets around 8:25pm Saturday night when a group of teens started calling his passenger derogatory names.
They pulled the passenger out of the car and began beating him. When the driver came to his aid, he was assaulted, too.
"They were throwing stuff on us, and the two men, one hit me on my stomach, and the other one hit me here" said the driver, who did not want to be identified.
"They hit him in the mouth, in the head, but I didn't see him after that, because he ran into the people and he disappeared."
The driver finally chased them off with a tire iron.
He flagged down police, who arrested three boys, two 17-year-olds and a 15-year-old. Each of the face a list of charges, including aggravated assault.
beating, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man rescued from Schuylkill River 17 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 7 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!