Beaten cab driver speaks exclusively to Action News
PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia cab driver who was attacked and beaten in Center City Saturday night spoke exclusively with Action News on Sunday.
The driver of the Liberty cab was stopped at a red light at 15th and Chestnut Streets around 8:25pm Saturday night when a group of teens started calling his passenger derogatory names.
They pulled the passenger out of the car and began beating him. When the driver came to his aid, he was assaulted, too.
"They were throwing stuff on us, and the two men, one hit me on my stomach, and the other one hit me here" said the driver, who did not want to be identified.
"They hit him in the mouth, in the head, but I didn't see him after that, because he ran into the people and he disappeared."
The driver finally chased them off with a tire iron.
He flagged down police, who arrested three boys, two 17-year-olds and a 15-year-old. Each of the face a list of charges, including aggravated assault.
beating, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 37 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 30 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 36 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 34 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
29 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos