Mother, daughter shot in Tioga-Nicetown
TIOGA-NICETOWN - January 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for a suspect in the shooting of a woman and her teenage daughter.
The shooting happened around 7:30 p.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of Rowan Street in the city's Tioga-Nicetown section.
Police say a 34-year-old woman was shot twice in the back and her 13-year-old daughter was shot twice in the right leg. Both were taken to Temple University Hospital.
According to police PR, the girl was treated and released from the hospital. The teen's mother remains hospitalized in stable condition.
Police say they know who the trigger man is, but he remains at large.
shooting, tioga, nicetown, philadelphia, crime
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 1 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 1 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 1 min ago
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 59 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 1 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
1 min ago