Mother, daughter shot in Tioga-Nicetown
TIOGA-NICETOWN - January 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for a suspect in the shooting of a woman and her teenage daughter.
The shooting happened around 7:30 p.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of Rowan Street in the city's Tioga-Nicetown section.
Police say a 34-year-old woman was shot twice in the back and her 13-year-old daughter was shot twice in the right leg. Both were taken to Temple University Hospital.
According to police PR, the girl was treated and released from the hospital. The teen's mother remains hospitalized in stable condition.
Police say they know who the trigger man is, but he remains at large.
shooting, tioga, nicetown, philadelphia, crime
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge