DA: Former Pa. teacher accused of sex with student
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - January 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former high school teacher in an eastern Pennsylvania district faces charges after allegedly having numerous sexual encounters with a 17-year-old student.
Northampton County prosecutors say 25-year-old Rachel L. Farrell carried out an extended affair with at least one student. She's facing three counts of corruption of minors.
Farrell taught at Bangor Area High School under her maiden name, Rachel L. Warner, but has been on administrative leave since December. Her attorney, Steven Mills, declined comment.
Superintendent Patricia Mulroy says the district confronted Farrell as soon it found out about the accusations against her and that the matter was turned over to county prosecutors.
District Attorney John Morganelli says Farrell, of Palmer Township, has cooperated with police, but the investigation is ongoing.
pennsylvania, northampton county, teachers, sex, crime
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 13 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 35 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 5 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 32 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
13 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
5 min ago