Racial slurs sprayed on 2 dozen cars in Mayfair
MAYFAIR - February 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents along three blocks in Mayfair woke up Sunday to find two dozen cars spray painted with racial slurs.
The discovery was made along the 3100, 3200, and 3300 blocks of Knorr Street around 7:00 a.m.
Neighbors say it was horrible sight.
"First I saw the white car then I saw another and when I came back I saw more," said Donna Shields.
At least 24 cars and trucks were vandalized and many residents say they can't imagine who would do something like this.
"It's terrible. It's a shame because it's a great neighborhood. Why someone would do this? It's horrible, it really is," said Bob Hofmeister
Some vehicles had racial slurs, while others had some kind of gooey substance splattered across them.
"To do it in the middle of the night obviously you're a big coward and don't want anyone to know you did this," said Colleen Caputo.
"What is the point doing this to a neighborhood that is so nice?" said Alex Fulginita.
Northeast Detectives continue to investigate the act of vandalism.
They collected a spray can that they believe may have been tossed by the vandal but so far no suspects have been named.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, mayfair, vandalism, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 48 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 37 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars