Racial slurs sprayed on 2 dozen cars in Mayfair
MAYFAIR - February 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents along three blocks in Mayfair woke up Sunday to find two dozen cars spray painted with racial slurs.
The discovery was made along the 3100, 3200, and 3300 blocks of Knorr Street around 7:00 a.m.
Neighbors say it was horrible sight.
"First I saw the white car then I saw another and when I came back I saw more," said Donna Shields.
At least 24 cars and trucks were vandalized and many residents say they can't imagine who would do something like this.
"It's terrible. It's a shame because it's a great neighborhood. Why someone would do this? It's horrible, it really is," said Bob Hofmeister
Some vehicles had racial slurs, while others had some kind of gooey substance splattered across them.
"To do it in the middle of the night obviously you're a big coward and don't want anyone to know you did this," said Colleen Caputo.
"What is the point doing this to a neighborhood that is so nice?" said Alex Fulginita.
Northeast Detectives continue to investigate the act of vandalism.
They collected a spray can that they believe may have been tossed by the vandal but so far no suspects have been named.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, mayfair, vandalism, crime
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 8 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
8 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
8 min ago