Delco principal charged with assaulting girlfriend
DREXEL Hill, Pa. - February 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County school principal was arrested for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend over the weekend, police said.
Michael Jordan, 45, was arrested after police were called to the home he and his girlfriend share in Drexel Hill on Saturday morning.
Jordan is the principal of Darby Township School.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told Action News that a neighbor allegedly saw a woman screaming from a window and then was pulled away.
The woman was let go after officers pulled up to the house, Chitwood said. She was treated for minor injuries at the hospital.
Jordan was arraigned on Saturday night and was held on $20,000 bail.
Jordan was charged with simple assault, reckless endangerment and harassment.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for later this week.
The Southeast Delco School District referred all questions to the superintendent's office. So far, there has been no response to a call from Action News.
pennsylvania, delaware county, assault, crime
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 41 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington 1 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition