Police: Daughter's friend steals $50K worth of jewelry
LOWER MERION, Pa. - February 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman has been arrested for stealing jewelry from the mother of her lifelong friend.
On October 7, a Lower Merion woman discovered over $50,000 worth of jewelry missing from her home.
Police investigated and identified a suspect as 34-year-old Ann Gleeson of West Chester, Pa., who was a friend of the victim's daughter. Gleeson, however, denied any involvement in the theft.
Authorities received information from another police agency that had come across some of the jewelry during their investigation.
The person who was in possession of the jewelry identified Gleeson as the one who had given her the jewelry.
Some of the jewelry has been recovered.
Police say Gleeson was interviewed in the presence of her attorney and when confronted, she admitted to committing the theft.
On Tuesday, she was arrested for committing the theft.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, police, theft, jewelry, crime
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 26 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 59 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 24 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 52 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 9 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 33 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
59 min ago