Bensalem drug suspects lead police on chase
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bensalem police say a drug investigation turned violent today, but ended with the apprehension of two men.
The incident began shortly before 2:00 p.m. in the area of the Neshaminy Mall.
Police attempted to move in on a suspected drug deal in progress; that's when the two men sped off leading police on a brief chase.
Bensalem police broke off the pursuit, but put an alert out for the suspects.
Shortly thereafter, police in Bristol caught up with the vehicle in the area of the 2300 block of Dixon Avenue.
Officers attempted to pull over the suspects, but in doing so, the suspects tried to run down one of the officers.
At least one officer opened fire, striking the vehicle once.
The men fled from the vehicle, but were caught during a brief foot pursuit.
At this time, police say the driver will, at the very least, face charges associated with trying to run down an officer.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, drugs, police, police chase, crime
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft 22 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 19 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 25 min ago
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death 20 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors 37 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy...
25 min ago
- Sarah Bloomquist checks on area roads
44 min ago
- Top surfer got her start at the Jersey shore
45 min ago