Bensalem drug suspects lead police on chase
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bensalem police say a drug investigation turned violent today, but ended with the apprehension of two men.
The incident began shortly before 2:00 p.m. in the area of the Neshaminy Mall.
Police attempted to move in on a suspected drug deal in progress; that's when the two men sped off leading police on a brief chase.
Bensalem police broke off the pursuit, but put an alert out for the suspects.
Shortly thereafter, police in Bristol caught up with the vehicle in the area of the 2300 block of Dixon Avenue.
Officers attempted to pull over the suspects, but in doing so, the suspects tried to run down one of the officers.
At least one officer opened fire, striking the vehicle once.
The men fled from the vehicle, but were caught during a brief foot pursuit.
At this time, police say the driver will, at the very least, face charges associated with trying to run down an officer.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, drugs, police, police chase, crime
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized 6 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)