Trial for 2 in alleged baby-selling set for June
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A trial for the Newark woman accused of selling her baby and the Philadelphia man she allegedly sold the infant to for $15,000 has been postponed.
WDEL-AM reports that the trial for Bridget Wismer and John Gavaghan had been scheduled to begin in this week in New Castle County Superior Court but has been postponed until June 12.
Wismer and Gavaghan are charged with conspiracy and dealing in children. Both have pleaded not guilty.
Wismer has said the criminal charges against her are the result of a misunderstanding by authorities of her relationship with Gavaghan.
Information from: WDEL-AM, http://www.wdel.com/
human trafficking, wilmington, delaware, crime
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 53 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 9 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
53 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos