Police: Woman arrested for hoarding 2 dozen dogs
MILFORD, Del. - February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware woman is facing animal cruelty charges for allegedly hoarding more than two dozen dogs on her property.
Neighbors contacted officials about a home in Milford last month.
Officers found 25 dogs being housed outside in cages covered by a blue tarp.
They say all the animals were malnourished, cold and covered in their own filth.
They were taken to the Kent County SPCA for treatment.
"This type of hoarding issue is getting bigger and bigger, especially with the downturn in the economy. The right thing to do if you are overwhelmed with your animals is call a local shelter or the human society," Major Brian Whipple of the Kent County SPCA said.
The home's owner, Mary Carey, was arrested.
Authorities hope to have all the animals up for adoption soon.
delaware, hoarding, animals, spca, kent county, crime
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 22 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 10 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 11 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 15 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
8 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
15 min ago