Judge denies bail request in cab-hailing death
PHILADELPHIA - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- One of three men accused of fatally beating another man on a busy street in Philadelphia's historic district won't be released on bail to care for his sick mother.
A municipal judge on Wednesday denied the bail request for 23-year-old Felix Carrillo. He's one of three men charged in the Jan. 14 beating death of 23-year-old Kevin Kless.
Carrillo's attorney asked that his client be released to care for his mother, who has cancer. Prosecutors countered that the severity of the charges against Carrillo warranted denial of bail.
Police say Carrillo and two others attacked Kless, possibly thinking his shouts at a passing cab were directed at them.
Carrillo, 20-year-old Steven Ferguson and 19-year-old Kenneth Santiago are scheduled for preliminary hearings on April 4.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, old city, beating, homicide, crime
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier