Suspect descriptions in Main Line Wawa holdup
BRYN MAWR, Pa. - February 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have released detailed descriptions of two men who held up a Wawa convenience store at gunpoint on the Main Line.
It happened inside the Wawa on the 200 block of South Bryn Mawr Avenue in Bryn Mawr at 11 p.m. Thursday.
The first suspect, the gunman, is described as a black male, approximately 6' - 6'2" tall with a black goatee. He was last seen wearing a blue colored Old Navy sweatshirt (with the words OLD NAVY across the chest), blue jeans, a tan and black "Philadelphia Soul" baseball hat, and black shoes. He was carrying a black colored handgun.
The other suspect, who held the doors closed during the robbery, is described as a black male, approximately 6' tall with a black beard and mustache. He was last seen wearing a black colored sweatshirt with "EVERLAST" in white letters across the chest. He was also wearing blue jeans, black shoes, and a white colored baseball hat with a round sticker under the brim.
Police say the two men walked into the store and demanded money from the clerk at 11:00 p.m. Thursday night. One of the bandits was armed with a handgun.
During the course of the robbery, the armed suspect's gun went off. The bullet hit the floor and sent debris flying into the air. Some of that debris hit a 44-year-old male store employee in the arm, injuring him.
He is expected to make a full recovery.
An undisclosed amount of money was taken from the store.
The subjects were last seen fleeing the scene in a gold-colored sedan, possibly a Ford Taurus, with a temporary paper registration plate displayed in the rear window.
The Wawa store is located in Bryn Mawr, Montgomery County. The crime is being investigated by Radnor Township Police. Anyone with information on the crime or the suspects is asked to call Radnor Township Police at 610-688-0503.
pennsylvania, delaware county, bryn mawr, robbery, crime
- 2 dead in police involved shootings 48 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 42 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years