Vineland man charged with woman's death
VINELAND, N.J. - February 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a Vineland, New Jersey man with the murder of the mother of his 1-year-old.
At about 11:55 p.m. on Thursday, 23-year-old Britton Loyden of Vineland and Loyden's 1-year-old son were reported missing by Loyden's mother.
Loyden and her son were then entered as missing persons in the NCIC Missing Persons nationwide database.
On Friday, investigation by Vineland police at Loyden's residence in the 1900 block of South Main Road Vineland revealed that the 1-year-child was unharmed and in the care of his father, 24-year-old Ismael Pierce of the 900 block of South Spring Road.
Vineland Police Detectives Antonio Ramos and Ron DeMarchi discovered the body of Britton Loyden in the bedroom of the residence.
Pierce was immediately detained and brought to police headquarters.
Later that day, he was charged with Aggravated Manslaughter and lodged in Cumberland County Jail on bail in the amount of $200,000.
On Saturday, after an autopsy was performed by the Medical Examiner, the charge was upgraded to 1st degree Murder, with bail increased to $500,000.
vineland, new jersey, assault, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos