$5,000 reward for murder of Chester man
CHESTER, Pa. - February 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- An unsolved murder continues to devastate a local family.
Last summer, a Chester, Delaware County business owner was gunned down, and there still there are no leads.
"I was so proud of him," said the victim's father, Gregory Johnson.
It was an emotional appeal from a grieving father who lost his only son to murder.
37 year old Gregory George, or "Fat Boy" as he was affectionately known to his family and friends, was found shot to death early Saturday morning on August 6, 2011.
He was lying on a sidewalk near the intersection of 7th and Lloyd Streets in Chester.
George was a carpenter by trade, and ran his own business. He was the father of three children.
His sister misses him dearly.
"I miss just talking to him and getting his advice, he always said that he was the big little brother, because I could always come to him," said the victim's sister.
So far, no one has come forward with information. The family is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Gregory's killer.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS. Your call will be anonymous.
"Don't let somebody who doesn't care about me, you or anybody else continue to walk the streets of Chester," said George's sister.
"Please do the right thing," said Johnson.
crimefighters, chester, homicide, delaware county, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 9 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 29 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
25 min ago