Pa. police: Man beat girlfriend's son to death
PITTSBURGH (AP) - February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a man beat his girlfriend's 11-year-old son to death by striking him with various objects as a form of discipline.
A woman called police late Saturday night to report that her boyfriend had assaulted her son while she was at work and the boy was now unresponsive.
When police arrived, they found the mother's boyfriend, 29-year-old Anthony Bush, tending to the boy. Police say the boy had a head wound and didn't have a pulse.
Emergency responders did CPR and the boy regained a slight pulse. He was taken to a hospital and died from his injuries early Sunday.
Police say Bush will be charged with homicide. He was in custody and not immediately available for comment.
The boy's name wasn't released.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, beating, crime
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 22 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos