Pa. police: Man beat girlfriend's son to death
PITTSBURGH (AP) - February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a man beat his girlfriend's 11-year-old son to death by striking him with various objects as a form of discipline.
A woman called police late Saturday night to report that her boyfriend had assaulted her son while she was at work and the boy was now unresponsive.
When police arrived, they found the mother's boyfriend, 29-year-old Anthony Bush, tending to the boy. Police say the boy had a head wound and didn't have a pulse.
Emergency responders did CPR and the boy regained a slight pulse. He was taken to a hospital and died from his injuries early Sunday.
Police say Bush will be charged with homicide. He was in custody and not immediately available for comment.
The boy's name wasn't released.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, beating, crime
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 33 min ago
- Shower In Spots 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
33 min ago
- Shower In Spots
25 min ago