Pa. police: Man beat girlfriend's son to death
PITTSBURGH (AP) - February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a man beat his girlfriend's 11-year-old son to death by striking him with various objects as a form of discipline.
A woman called police late Saturday night to report that her boyfriend had assaulted her son while she was at work and the boy was now unresponsive.
When police arrived, they found the mother's boyfriend, 29-year-old Anthony Bush, tending to the boy. Police say the boy had a head wound and didn't have a pulse.
Emergency responders did CPR and the boy regained a slight pulse. He was taken to a hospital and died from his injuries early Sunday.
Police say Bush will be charged with homicide. He was in custody and not immediately available for comment.
The boy's name wasn't released.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, beating, crime
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 26 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 7 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
7 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
26 min ago