Del. homeless man charged with 133 car thefts
DOVER, Del.February 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A homeless Dover man is facing 133 charges related to thefts from vehicles since November of 2011.
In the early morning hours of January 25, 2012, police contacted 41-year-old James E. Hall Jr. after suspicious activity was reported in a residential neighborhood. They let him go, but later found that a vehicle was broken into in the area.
Hall was then discovered by officers later in the day and arrested after it was revealed that stolen property from the vehicle was in his possession.
A subsequent investigation into similar vehicle break-ins in downtown Dover revealed a connection to Hall. Investigators were able to link Hall to 56 incidents from 73 victims stemming back to November 18, 2011. The investigation resulted in 133 additional theft and related criminal charges against Hall.
The charges against Hall include possession burglary tools, theft of a firearm, felony theft, misdemeanor theft, unlawful use of credit card, forgery, criminal mischief, second degree trespassing 2nd, and third degree trespass.
If you have any information pertaining to this case you are asked to contact the Dover Police Department at (302)736-7111. Callers may remain anonymous. Tips can also be submitted to law enforcement through tip lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or on-line at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, dover, theft, crime
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Another Beauty 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park 20 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
20 min ago