Authorities: Pa. man's marriage try violated bail
SCRANTON, Pa. - February 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man who allegedly locked his girlfriend's 7-year-old son in a makeshift coffin tried to marry the woman immediately after being released on bail, despite a court order to stay away from her.
Court records say 32-year-old Brain Sleboda was jailed in December after prosecutors learned he'd applied for a marriage certificate along with 26-year-old Lori Gardner.
The couple was arrested in October after police say they locked Gardner's son in the basement, forced him to sleep in a coffin and bound him with tape.
Officials say they learned the couple applied for a license the day after Sleboda was bailed out by reading the court notes in The Times-Tribune of Scranton.
A message left Monday for Sleboda's attorney was not immediately returned.
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
pennsylvania, child abuse, marriage, crime
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 22 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 22 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos