Authorities: Pa. man's marriage try violated bail
SCRANTON, Pa. - February 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man who allegedly locked his girlfriend's 7-year-old son in a makeshift coffin tried to marry the woman immediately after being released on bail, despite a court order to stay away from her.
Court records say 32-year-old Brain Sleboda was jailed in December after prosecutors learned he'd applied for a marriage certificate along with 26-year-old Lori Gardner.
The couple was arrested in October after police say they locked Gardner's son in the basement, forced him to sleep in a coffin and bound him with tape.
Officials say they learned the couple applied for a license the day after Sleboda was bailed out by reading the court notes in The Times-Tribune of Scranton.
A message left Monday for Sleboda's attorney was not immediately returned.
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
pennsylvania, child abuse, marriage, crime
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 19 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 34 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ