Authorities: Pa. man's marriage try violated bail
SCRANTON, Pa. - February 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man who allegedly locked his girlfriend's 7-year-old son in a makeshift coffin tried to marry the woman immediately after being released on bail, despite a court order to stay away from her.
Court records say 32-year-old Brain Sleboda was jailed in December after prosecutors learned he'd applied for a marriage certificate along with 26-year-old Lori Gardner.
The couple was arrested in October after police say they locked Gardner's son in the basement, forced him to sleep in a coffin and bound him with tape.
Officials say they learned the couple applied for a license the day after Sleboda was bailed out by reading the court notes in The Times-Tribune of Scranton.
A message left Monday for Sleboda's attorney was not immediately returned.
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
pennsylvania, child abuse, marriage, crime
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 24 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 7 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 46 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
38 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
24 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
7 min ago