Arrest in Chester County hit-and-run that killed motorcyclist
EAST BRANDYWINE TWP., Pa. - February 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Chester County D.A. has announced an arrest in a fatal hit-and-run on the night of the Super Bowl that left a motorcyclist dead.
District Attorney Tom Hogan said 39-year-old Michael J. Bristow, of Coatesville, has been arrested in the death of 26-year-old MIchael Orsini.
Police were called to the scene of the crash at 855 Horseshoe Pike in East Brandywine Township on the night of February 5th. Orsini was discovered to be seriously injured and died the next day.
Also the next day, police said they located an abandoned Chevy Cavalier on westbound Route 30 with the license plate removed. Investigators say the car had clearly been in a collision with substantial damage and deployed airbags.
Police were able to determine that the car was registered to Bristow. When they talked to him, police say Bristow had bruises consistent with airbag deployment. Bristow allegedly told police he sold his car to a drug dealer and didn't know anything about the crash.
Police say they began talking to Bristow's family and friends. Witnesses allegedly told police that Bristow drove to a Super Bowl party in the Chevy, drank alcohol and left in the same vehicle.
Police relocated Bristow who, by this time, was back in custody on a parole violation. On February 10th, police say Bristow gave a statement in which he confessed to driving the car while under the influence of alcohol and cocaine and being involved in the crash that killed Orsini.
Police say Orsini was buried the next day leaving behind a 9-month-old daughter.
Bristow was charged with homicide by vehicle, homicide by vehicle while DUI, DUI, and related offenses.
pennsylvania, chester county, accident, motorcycles, hit and run, homicide, crime
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 35 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 58 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg...
58 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
55 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
24 min ago